When trying to create a website on your own some mistakes can be made, check out some tips to avoid these flaws!
Thinking of creating a website on your own? You’re not the only one!
On the internet, there are numerous platforms that offer this service free of charge and with benefits that are breathtaking. But what they don’t tell you is the challenges this solitary process can present – including mistakes that can compromise your business!
In this article, you can see the main failures committed by people who try to create their sites alone. Find it out!
1. Think you don’t need technical knowledge
There are several tools that offer ways for you to create your website yourself, without complications or difficulties, however, this is not always the best option, as many of the tools necessary for the success of your website depend on advanced settings, such as the WhatsApp button, integration with social networks and forms for capturing customers.
The “drag and drop” system may work at first glance, but it won’t take you long to realize that some pages, features, and plugins are extremely important if you want your client to convert.
Thus, choosing to create your website yourself can greatly limit your project and prevent you from getting the desired return.
2. Use copyright-free images
You’re going to need images to shape your website, aren’t you? After all, a website without a good visual identity is like a book without its story: totally uninteresting!
When choosing images, however, you need to be very careful. Because, although the internet has an infinite number of good photos available for download, many of them are copyrighted, which does not give you the right to use them without the permission of the author/guardian.
If you still use these photos, you may suffer from lawsuits for their inappropriate use. What you definitely don’t want, is it?
Therefore, it is important that you have the guidance of professionals in the field to select the right images for your website. Which will avoid any kind of future problem.
Opting for a free image bank is also a great solution.
3. Do not integrate with Google tools
Everyone who makes a website wants it to be in a good position on Google, but for that to happen it is necessary to integrate with Google tools, such as Google Analytics, Search Console, and My Business, for example.
What happens when creating a website on your own is that, generally, people can’t configure all the integration tags, so they don’t get the desired success with the site.
4. Thinking that the site will spread itself
In most cases, working on promoting a website can be more work than the construction itself – which leads many people to get frustrated after developing their pages and failing to reach their target audience.
In fact, creating a site on your own without outreach support can be a shot in the foot, because after the site is online you don’t know what to do to get it visited.
Nowadays, most website creation companies already include in the value of hiring some kind of outreach support, and this is very advantageous for you, believe me!
5. Not feeding the site with new content One of the main factors for ranking a site on Google is the content present on it. Therefore, it is very important that your website always has updated and relevant content for your target audience, in this way it will always be visited. Do you have something unique in your niche or do you want to share a great tip for your customers’ success? Then post them on your website’s blog and share it for internet users to access. In summary, you should frequently feed your site so that it is always up to date and relevant to Google and, above all, to your personas